Main Initiatives at ANRL
Oct 30, 2021 rap
- Publicize and Energize ANRL Submit articles to organizations. Encourage Clubs to add links on their Web sites to ANRL.
- Grow Membership Find new incentives. ANRL Members can now borrow books and videos.
- Complete the Inventory Books, Magazines and Videos are done. Lots more work is needed for Library material such as old photographs, postcards, etc.
- Complete the Scanning Magazines are 99% complete as of Oct 30, 2021. Rescan is needed for Who’s Who, Club Folders, and some Newsletters. Scanning of, photos, postcards and miscellaneous material in file cabinets has not been started.
- Unify the Library We all need to work together and build one Library. We need to link Magazine Inventory with Scanned Magazines and Metadata in legacy Database. We need to index all archives.
- Add Video Interviews There are many possibilities for interviews.
- Add new names to “Who’s Who”
- Search for Research Librarian ANRL is seeking help from a professional librarian.
- Enhance Research with modern search tools This involves linking metadata with cross-references throughout our database to help researchers find information. DocFetcher Pro is an excellent search tool and we need to encourage its use.
- Build Digital Archive Migrate all digital data to ANRL’s Synology Disk Station DS220+ NAS.
- Update ANRL’s Web site The Web site is good but could be improved with graphics and links to resources.
- Mentor Program Training classes for skill improvement are now offered to volunteers in preparation for their new library positions.
- Increase participation and Archive Sharing in the Library Consortium
- Partner with Academic Institutions This will be a big step forward to enable research.
- Understand Copyright Laws and Limitations We want to share our material in a safe way which is within Copyright Laws.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures and ByLaws
- Database Upgrades Find a consultant to guide us. Investigate use of FileMaker Server to allow simultaneous user access. Upgrade from V18 to new versions of FileMaker Pro Adv.