Main Initiatives at ANRL
May 15, 2015 rap
- Publicize and Energize ANRL Submit articles to organizations. Encourage Clubs to add links on their Web sites to ANRL.
- Grow Membership Find new incentives. ANRL Members can now borrow books and videos.
- Complete the Inventory Books and Videos are done. Magazines are half done. Lots more work needed for all Library material.
- Complete the Scanning Magazines are 50% complete as of Feb 26, 2015. Rescan is needed for Who’s Who, Club Folders, and some Newsletters. Scanning of books, photos, postcards has not been started.
- Unify the Library We all need to work together and build one Library. We need to link Magazine Inventory with Scanned Magazines and Metadata in legacy Database. We need to link Membership with Clubs. We need to index all archives. We need to stop using independent spreadsheets which do not link to anything.
- Add Video Interviews There are many possibilities for interviews.
- Add new names to “Who’s Who”
- Search for Research Librarian ANRL is seeking help from a professional librarian.
- Enhance Research This involves linking metadata with cross-references throughout our database to help researchers find information.
- Build Digital Archive Migrate all digital data to ANRL’s Dropbox
- Update ANRL’s Web site The Web site is good but could be improved.
- Mentor Program Training classes for skill improvement are now offered to volunteers in preparation for their new library positions.
- Partner with Academic Institutions This will be a big step forward to enable research.
- Understand Copyright Laws and Limitations We want to share our material in a safe way which is within Copyright Laws.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures and ByLaws
- Database Upgrades Find a consultant to guide us. Investigate use of FileMaker Server to allow simultaneous user access. Upgrade to FileMaker 14 Pro Adv.