Library layout for Books, MAGs, Tapes, DVD and Newsletters, Etc.
Updated Jun 26, 2020 Rev 16
- Current President Paul LeValley
- Head Librarian
- Material (or Library Material): Books, MAGs, VHSs, DVDs, Cassette Tapes, Photos, Club folders, Newsletters, Who’s Who folders
- Newsletter (Not ‘News Letter’)
- Database (Not ‘Data Base’ or ‘Data base’ or ‘data base’)
- Digital (Not ‘Electronic’ or ‘Magnetic’)
- Patron Computer The computer that patrons can use
- Librarian Computer This the Gateway machine
- Hold This is a category for loose magazines which are waiting to be bound. A volume will be bound when all issues of a series are available. Some issues are extremely rare that causes a delay in doing the binding.
- Surplus Material that is available. See the table of Suggested Donation.
- Lendable (Lend) Material that can be lent to Library Members after getting proper identification.
- Non-Lendable (NLend) Material that can not be lent to patrons or members.
- View material can be viewed in the Library on Library equipment.
Rooms in the Library
- Main-Room (MR) This is the big room of the Library and it has two parts with a double bookcase down the middle.
- Back-Room–1 (BR1) First room you get to from the office area of the Library
- Back-Room–2 (BR2) Second room you get to from the office area of the Library
- Alcove (ALC) This is the room where book scanner is located
- Librarian’s Desk This includes the desk and two computer stations on the East side of the Main Room.
- South-Wall The wall in MR that runs from the restroom to Alcove. Also called the SW Wall.
- NW Wall This is the main entrance
- NE Wall This is in back of the computers in the Librarian’s area
- SE Wall This is the wall straight ahead as you walk in the entrance
- SW Wall This wall goes from the restroom to the back of the bound scanning machine
Categories and Location of Material
- Foreign vs. Domestic Material
- There is no distinction between rules for Foreign vs. Domestic Materials.
- Foreign Loose Magazines will be set separately from the American magazines.
- Foreign includes all countries outside USA.
|Material||Category||Description||Quantity In This Category|
|MAG||A1||Loose Magazine||1 Copy|
|MAG||A2||“Hold” (Waiting to be bound)||1 Copy|
|MAG||A3||Magazine is in a Bound Volume||1 Copy|
|MAG||A4||Scanned Magazine||1 Copy|
|MAG||S1||Loose Mag (If A1 & (A2 or A3) are filled)||All Extra Copies|
|MAG||S2||Bound Volume||1 or more copies|
|Book||A1||Non Lendable||1 Copy|
|Book||A2||Lendable (If A1 is filled)||1 Copy|
|Book||S1||(If A1 & A2 are filled)||All Extra Copies|
|Book||R1||Rare / Fragile / Valuable||Unlimited|
|VHS||A2||Lendable (If A1 is filled)||1 Copy|
|VHS||S1||(If A1 & A2 are filled)||All Extra Copies|
|DVD||A1||Copy of VHS, View in Library||1 Copy|
|DVD||A2||Copy of VHS, Lendable||2nd Copy|
|DVD||A3||Original DVD, View in Library||1 Copy|
|DVD||A4||Original DVD, Lendable||2nd copy|
|DVD||S1||Copy of VHS||3rd and higher Copies|
|DVD||S2||Original DVD||3rd and higher Copies|
|MAG||A1 (US)||Loose Mag||BR1 Outside wall shelf, South wall shelf and new Center Room Shelf|
|MAG||A1 (Foreign)||Loose||Alcove Shelves|
|MAG||A2 Hold||Loose||BR2 NW Corner|
|MAG||A2||Hold - Not complete||Bottom Shelf MR below Bound Volumes|
|MAG||A3||Bound||MR Center Wall|
|MAG||A4 (Digital)||US & Foreign||Patron & Librarian Computer|
|MAG||A2||Waiting to be bound||BR2 center wall shelf near South Wall|
|MAG||S1||Loose||Shelves in center of Main Room|
|MAG||S1||Loose||Shelves in BR1 & BR2 Center Wall (Extra magazines not fitting on shelves of Main Room)|
|MAG||S3||Bound||Surplus areas BR1|
|Book||A1 Non Lendable||Any Book||South wall of MR|
|Book||A2 Lendable||Any Book||Center shelf by Librarian MR|
|Book||S2 For Donation||Any Book|
|Book||R1||Any Book||Alcove side|
|VHS||A1||Any VHS||outside wall shelf of BR1|
|VHS||A2||Any VHS||MR, center shelf near Librarian’s Desk, Alcove side|
|VHS||S1||Any VHS||MR, center shelf by Librarian’s Desk|
|DVD||A1 & A3||Any DVD||outside wall shelf of BR1|
|DVD||A2 & A4||Any DVD||MR Center Shelf near Librarian’s Desk|
|DVD||S1 & S2||Any DVD||MR Center Shelf near Librarian’s Desk|
|Newsletter||A1||Printed||Front shelves of Main-Room|
|Newsletter||A2||Digital||In DB on Patron Computer|
- Library Members can borrow Books and DVDs for a maximum time of one week. We will ask for identification such as a Drivers License. Fines may be considered for books not returned in good order or not returned on time.
- Books can be returned to the Library or at the Cypress Cove Office.
Surplus Material can be made available to Library patrons for a Donation. The Donations amount will vary by the age and rarity of the Material. Donation values will be set by the President and/or Head Librarian.
|Common MAGs or books||Many on hand - Examples Nude and Natural and Naturally||$3.00 (4/$10.00)|
|MAGs||1981 to present||$5.00|
|Early MAGs||1951 to 1980||$10.00|
|Very Early MAGs||1950 and earlier||$15.00|
|Bound Magazines||Any S2 magazine (Available to other Libraries Only)||Negotiable|
|Post Cards||with many on file||$5.00|
|Rare Post Cards||with many on file||$10.00|
|Surplus Nudist Guides||$0.50|
|Rare or Specialty (Books and Magazines)||Donations at typical market value with Suggested Donations from||$10.00 to $100.00|