May 22, 2022 rap
**Note: Some reports given here, such as video surplus, may be slightly out of date because our inventory changes day-by-day. Please contact us to determine availability.
|Magazines||Newsletters: Club and Org|
|Club and Org Info||People - Who’s Who|
|Video Interviews||Photographs and Slides|
Library Material and Location
ANRL’s Database Stats
Collection Statistics - Old (2014) See How Much We Have Grown Since Then!
NAS Stats Digital Archive
NAS Stats Digital Archive+
Recommended Books and Videos
Review Media Worksheet Note: This is what we want reviewers to send back for our Archive Database.
Collection Report Generation HIDWID.
Note: ANRL’s policy of not lending books or videos has been changed and we now allow members to borrow material for 1 week.
The Library has a collection of books and manuscripts that cover a wide range of topics related to nudism. Our collection has books on the history and philosophy of nudism, plus many topics including photography and club management. Guide books from around the world cover clothing optional beaches, resorts, travel and destinations. Books may be read in the Library. Members can borrow Archive–2 Books. Surplus–1 books are offered for a donation to the library. While most books are in english a few in other languages.
- Book Resources
- Surplus Book List Make a donation to ANRL for a used book
- Loanable Books
- Book Shelf List by Title
- Book Shelf List by LOC
- Books by Copyright Date
- Book Shelf List By Author
- ANRL’s Book of the Month Recommendations
- Guide Books (2014)
- Books Scanned
- Books NOT Scanned
- Book PDF on NAS 2022–03–29
- Kindle Book Collection Note These books are not generally available for downloads by members. Contact email@example.com for more info.
Other libraries exist and a good one is
A naturist’s libraryA library of nudist and naturist books
The ANRL has a very extensive collection of nudist magazines. Thousands of issues dating from the 1930’s to the present are available as individual magazines, groups bound together according to year and as scanned, digital files ready to be viewed on a computer. A wide range of topics such as nudist history, the fight to defend and protect individual freedoms, travel both domestic and foreign, and personal essays are addressed. Foreign magazines make up a significant and interesting part of the collection. Whether you are seeking information on the best tropical island to visit or would like to read about “My First Nudist Experience”, our magazine archive has it all.
- Magazine Tables of Contents Note Not all magazines are included in this report
- Listing of 12,121 Magazine PDF File Names
- United States Magazines
- Foreign Magazines
- United States Mag - Database
- Foreign Mag - Database
- Bibliography of Scholarly Articles in nudist magazines
Club and Organization Newsletters
We have around 12,000 individual .pdf files and do not feel the need to give reports with all file names. Please contact us if you need detailed information.
- Newsletters by Club This is a list of Club or Organization names for both Active and Inactive Clubs or Organizations. This report came from data in our Synology NAS.
- Newsletters by Folder This is a list of directory names and the number of .pdf files in each. It also gives the name of the most recent file in each directory. This is useful in fabricating names which are consistent with previous file name. This report came from data in our Synology NAS.
- Club Sending Newsletters to ANRL This report came from the Newsletter Database.
- Newsletters Scanned - 2017 Updates to this report are no longer available.
- Newsletter Name Mapper.
Club and Organization Information
Through the years, more and more clubs have been formed to offer social nudity a better atmosphere for recreation and fellowship and nudist associations have grown worldwide. All of these groups have accumulated data in the form of newsletters, brochures, club histories, media releases, photographs, and memorabilia. The Library has organized its original information into club binders and paper files. Much of this content has been scanned and can be viewed on computer at the Library. We always encourage both clubs and individuals to send us documents related to the history of the nudist lifestyle. While our Newsletter collection is quite extensive, it is far from complete. We hope that clubs will review the listings of what’s in the Library and back-fill any missing issues as they are able. Clubs can submit newsletters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People - Who’s Who
Prominent people in our nudist history are included in our Who’s Who in Nudism files. Patrons can view the scanned version of the Who’s Who at the Library. Researchers can examine the original files by appointment.
Purpose To honor those who made important contributions to the ongoing history of nudism and naturism, and who influenced and changed social norms, changed laws that discriminated against nudists, and fought to establish nudist rights. The information in the files should include biographical information that also informs the researcher or reader of the personality and creativity of the individual, including his or her moral, social, and artistic contributions to society.
Many of the .pdf files are not searchable as they have not been OCR’d. Also, many of the .pdf files consist of some or many independent documents. We will be working on getting better scans and making notes about the files we have.
Several hundred videos have been donated to the Library over the years. These show the history of club activities worldwide, commercial theater presentations and depictions of the nudist life. Many audio cassettes echo the history and observations of nudist pioneers, club owners and other prominent people. Visitors to the Library are welcome to view or listen to these items. The ANRL recently donated several very old 35mm nudist movies to the Library of Congress as it could no longer maintain the increasingly fragile celluloid.
- All DVDs
- Videos sorted by Title
- Videos sorted by GaryN Topic](https://anrl.org/ANRL_PDF/Reports/Videos%20sorted%20by%20topic.pdf)
- Videos sorted by Who
- Performances by the Cypress Cove Players
- Video Topics terminal/perl
- Old File 2014 Video Archive VHS - Lend to Members
- Old File 2014 Video Archive VHS - Surplus
Videos: Available Surplus and On-Demand
- Videos: DVD Surplus © Free It may take a few days to make these DVDs
- Videos: DVD on Request, Not Surplus © Free It may take a few days to make these DVDs
- Videos - Surplus-VHS
Photographs and Slides
Photographs received by the Library are preserved in albums and separate flat files and are indexed by club, subject or related event. Many photos are on display in the Library depicting nudism from its early beginnings until the present time. Similarly, slides have been donated from time to time. Both photographs and slides will be scanned and digitized to make their viewing by patrons of the Library easier.
A new project to scan and index our photo collection of approximately 20,000 photos is underway and as of Mar 15, 2022 we have scanned over 500 photos. This is an active project. Photos are saved to NAS and will be added to the FileMaker Database soon. We have several hundred slides, some are 2" slides.
We plan to make contact shets available in the hope that members and friends can and will identify people, places and dates in the photos.