Sep 15, 2022 rap
Source: ~/Dropbox/ANRL-Web-Site/ANRL_PAGES/Interview Test.md
- Patron Kiosk The computer holding the Patron Kiosk is old and slow and may be upgraded one day. There is no password. Anyone who steps in the library is welcome to use the Patron Kiosk, both ANRL member of not. The home screen shows a number of ICONS for the parts of ANRL’s Digital Archives. A click on an ICON will bring up folder with contents. Adobe Acrobat is the PDF viewer app. Search inside an individual PDF is possible.
- DocFetcher Pro Search One of the ICONs on the Patron Kiosk will bring up DocFetcher Pro. DocFetcher is a search tool that uses the Apache Lucerne search engine. DocFetcher works from an index that it creates from the Digital Archives. Search Scope can be controlled to the various parts of the Digital Archives: Who’s Who, Books, Magazines - foreigh and USA, Newsletters, Clubs & Organizations, etc. When a search quarry is presented, results appear showing document names in the top window and index text in the bottom window. You can move through the found index results in a selected document, and you can also view the selected document.
- Website - https://anrl.org The Public part of the Website is available to the general public over the Internet.
- WNRL Archives The Patron Kiosk has an ICON that will bring up the WNRL’s Digital Archives. Anyone who uses the Patron Kiosk can do this without login.
- FileMaker Database The Database is used by only a few volunteers: (1) Lou Cook maintains the inventory of books, magazines, videos, calendars, etc. (2) Lynn Serrin maintains the Membership Database, and (3) Bob Proctor maintains and upgrades the entire Database. The master Database file resides in ANRL’s Dropbox. We highly prefer that only one individual user access the Database at a time. If two users are active, conflicted copies occur and there is loss of data. The solution to this condundrum is purchase of the expensive FileMaker server software and installation onto a server machine. The Database is not available to the general public and it requires login UserID and Password.
- Premium Membership Shared Magazines ANRL’s Premium Membership plan provides view-only acces to 14 magazines that are no longer in publication. The files exist on Google Workspace and can be viewed by logging into Google Drive on the Internet. The cost of this membership is $50/yr.
- DocFetcher Server This resource is not operational as of today ( Sep 15, 2022 ). When operatioonal, it will provide remote search of ANRL’s Digital Archives. Documents found may be downloaded but not viewed on-line.