Research Notes from Board Meetings
May 24, 2023
- Apr 15, 2023 Research: Paul LeValley- Researchers are trickling back to the library after covid. I was able to complete the list of gaps in our foreign magazine collection. Where is the report?
- Jan 22, 2023 Research: Paul LeValley- Two library researchers from earlier years have now had their books published: one on the history of Canadian nudism, and one on the history of British nudism.
- 2022–11–09 Research report: We are supplying information to newspaper reporters Need names of reporters working on two different stories. What stories?? The exciting news is that Google Search really works on our consortium files. Searchablility had been the major drawback for researchers. We have DocFetcher to do the same kind of search in local files on the patron computers. The question of whether we still need a newer, more expensive version of DocFetcher has not yet been answered. Really? The question was answered by Bob Proctor.
- 2022–04–09 Research: Paul LeValley-
- For the first time since the coronavirus began; we had two researchers actually in the library for a few days. For two years, researchers have been communicating by e-mail and snail-mail.
- South Florida Free Beaches and AANR are working to regain some traditionally nude Florida beaches. JoAn Marchese, Claude Richards (visiting from the NEF Library), and I have been sending them copies of historic and legal documents
- 2021–10–16 Research: Paul LeValley- Researchers are still not traveling to our library. I was able to offer online help to a Canadian researcher–steering her to people with the information she needed.
- 2021–07–16 Research: Paul LeValley- Since the worst of the pandemic, just one researcher has returned to study Christian naturism. No researcher has yet approached us about participating in Phase 2 of the Consortium agreement–partially because The Bulletin has twice failed to announce it.
- 2021–04–16 Research: Paul LeValley- We are starting to get a few internet inquires, but no in library research yet.
- 2021–01–17 Research: LeValley - 635 people visited the library from 36 states and 7 countries. We continue to provide information for researchers planning two documentary films and a book.
- 2020–10–16 Research: Paul LeValley- Nothing new to report
- 2020–07–17 Research: Paul LeValley- Nothing new to report