Nov 09, 2021rap
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is NAS?
- NAS is Network Attached Storage. ANRL uses a Synology Disk Station DS220+ NAS.
- What is the Patron Kiosk?
- The kiosk computer is a computer that is rather old and slow but it works. It is available for walk-in patrons of ANRL. There is no password. Patrons can view reports from the Database which show items in our archives and PDF files of magazines, club files and newsletters, and who’s who files. Also available on the kiosk is DocFetcher Pro, a search app that’s fast and useful for doing research.
- How does one access the digital library if they are a member of ANRL?
- You can visit ANRL and browse the PDF files in the Digital Archives on the Patron Kiosk.
- You can try to contact the owner of copyrighted material and ask for permission to obtain the digital data from ANRL.
- Can a non-member access digital data with the Patron Kiosk?
- Walk-In patrons can access the Patron Kiosk any time the library is open and the kiosk is not being used by somebody else. If someone is waiting, please share the kiosk.
- What is the Consortium of Nudist Research Libraries (CNRL)?
- Participating libraries include: American Nudist Research Library®, Inc. (ANRL), Western Nudist research Library (WNRL), American Association of Nudist Recreation - Northwest (AANR-NW), and Naturist Education Foundation Research Library (NEFRL).
- When will on-line access to Archives become available?
- A proposal for Premium Membership is being considered. Benefits will include on-line access to part of our Digital Archives. Exactly which part of the Archives has yet to be determined. The cost will be $50/yr. The proposal will be voted on at the Membership Meeting in January, 2021. If passed, the Premium Membership with access to part of the Digital Archive will be available when technical details are worked out for the delivery mechanism to remote members.
- Can I do an on-line search of theArchives?
- ANRL doesn’t have on-line search today but we’re working on it. We have our archives on a Synology Disk Station DS220+ NAS and that is synced to Google Workspace. We plan to allow online access to part of the Digital Archive for premium members starting next year. Our network segmentation project is moving ahead and that may help to enable on-line access and search. We still have to figure all that out. We sure could use some bright IT or CS people to help.
- Until we get things setup, please send your search requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and ANRL librarians will search the archives and return results. Check out the Search link on the bottom of any page on the Website