DocFetcher Pro Search Quick Ref
Oct 31, 2021 rap
Follow these steps
- Know where the DocFetcher Pro Manual is located, then refer to the manual often: Click on the “?” ICON in upper-right corner of home screen.
- Read and use the parser syntax documented in printout near the Patron Kiosk Apache Lucene - Query Parser Syntax
- Adjust the Container Types as needed.
- Adjust the Document Types as needed.
- Adjust the Custom Types as needed.
- Adjust Search Scope as needed by selecting the index list that best fits your search. Put a check in one or more checkboxes. If a particular index is not available, request a librarian to make one. This could take a few minutes or an hour or more for the larger archive folders.
- Craft your search query as best as you can and enter it into the Search query box.
- Click on Search
- Review search results.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 until you find what you are looking for.